Welcome to the homepage for Bed Bug Workshops for Homeless Shelters. This is where you can find information about upcoming workshops and other bed bug training opportunities, additional resources, presentations and links to information presented in the Texas regional bed bug workshops.
The page is designed to provide additional information and resources for all who have attended the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension training courses. If you are interested in hosting a course in your community, please contact Mike Merchant at 972-952-9204.
UPCOMING WORKSHOPS & CONFERENCES
- December 10 – Houston, TX Bed Bug Workshop for Homeless and Community Centers. Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service. No charge. Register at http://goo.gl/forms/ePdqRsqzAf or contact Diana Todd at 281-855-5614
- March 8-10, 2015 -Embassy Suites Dallas – First Bi-Annual Thermal Remediation Bed Bug National Conference. Privately sponsored by Thermal Remediation from Temp-Air. For details and to register online go to: http://thermalremediation.com/conference-registration-form/ $259 early registration.
HANDOUTS & FACTSHEETS
from Texas A&M AgriLife-sponsored Bed Bug Training:
- Intro to bed bugs for shelters
- Strategies for bed bug Management
- Model bed setup for shelters
- Bed card for client bed after treatment/inspection
- How to select a bed bug control provider
- Sources for Climbup Interceptor include local pest control suppliers, Amazon and Susan McKnight Inc. (wholesale)
- Sources for Blackout and Volcano insect interceptors include Bedbug Central
Heat Treatment Systems
- Rx Heat – www.Rxheat.com Phone: 314-445-4402 Large propane heat systems (175,000 to 800,000 BTU) for building heat treatments, starting at $17,000. Natural gas units for setting up heat treatment rooms starting at $4,500. Contact: Dave Walters. (Note: Possible availability of donations of heat treatment services to shelters in Ohio).
Note: The information given on this web page is for educational purposes only. Reference to commercial products or trade names is made with the understanding that no discrimination is intended and no endorsement by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service is implied.