- Gall making insects and mites (E-397) Galls are abnormal growths or swellings on plants. Difficult to prevent and impossible to control, galls are not often damaging to trees.
- Mealy oak galls on live oak trees (MP-1315) The hard, round swellings on live oak leaves have an interesting story to tell.
Moths, butterflies and caterpillars
- Butterfly picture wheel (For Sale: L-5308)
- Butterfly gardening in Texas (L-5313)
- What is an Eight-spotted forester?
- What is a hornworm caterpillar?
- Lovebugs (EEE-00025) What are those amorous insects splattered on my car grill and windshield?
- Horsehair worms These long, skinny worm-like critters show up in puddles, swimming pools, even toilets!
- Land planarians (ENT-1004) What looks like a flattened earthworm with a spade-shaped head? Land planarians!
- Geckos (ENT-2006) What are these pinkish-colored lizards around my home?
- Pillbugs (ENT-1006) Also called roly-polies, these small gray crustaceans roll up into balls when disturbed. They are one of the most common arthropods in gardens and landscapes.