Not all ants are the same although they may look identical at first glance. Most ants can be identified by their habits, sizes, food preferences and body features. Compare the images and descriptions on this page to find out what ant pest you have, and click on the f@ctsheet you need.
- Carpenter ants (ENT-2001)
Large ants that live in wood, both outdoors and inside.
- Fire ants – Two-step method for control (L-5070)
Our most popular fact sheet simplifies fire ant control.
- Fire ants – In-depth management for urban areas (B-6043)
All the angles on fire ant control (especially for professionals).
- Fire ants – Broadcast baits for control (B-6099)
How to choose and use different fire ant baits.
- Leaf-cutting ants (ENT-1002)
Large, multi-crater nests and ants that strip trees and plants of their leaves.
- Managing household ant pests (B-6183)
General advice for what to do when outdoor ants come inside.
- Swarming insects indoors (ENT-2012)
How to tell ants from termites and what it means when they swarm indoors.
- Velvet ants
Sometimes brightly-colored “ants” that aren’t really ants!