Here are a few of the recent articles and videos about Texas AgriLife entomologists in the media. Note: you may have to sign in with the media provider to view some of these stories.
- North Texas’ Bed Bug Infestation Growing At Alarming Rate, CBS Dallas/Fort Worth Channel 11 Special report, October 2, 2012
- Houston mosquitoes swarm, but relief is on the way Houston Chronicle, October 23, 2011
- Positive heat wave side effects: Fewer fire ants CBS-DFW Channel 11, August 15, 2011
- DFW has five straight record highs, but at least bugs are gone Fort Worth Star Telegram, August 5, 2011
- Rasberry crazy ants on the move AgriLife Today, July 29, 2011
- Ticks make you nervous? AgriLife Today. July 18, 2011
- Pesky thrips can be annoying. NBC Channel 5, May 10, 2011
- Bill would relax Pest Control Rules for Schools. Texas Tribune, March 10, 2011
- Cold a problem for plants, not pests. Weatherford Democrat, February 16, 2011
- Wizzie Brown puts home remedies for fire ant control to the test. AgriLife Today. March 7, 2011
- Bedbug Nation: Critters make a comeback. Amanda Gardner. Bloomberg Business News. Sept. 3, 2010. An article about the growing anxiety accompanying the spread of bed bugs in the U.S.
- Statewide Volunteers receive Entomology Specialist training in San Antonio. Paul Schattenberg. AgriLife News. Oct. 5, 2010 Report on this year’s intensive entomology training class for Master Volunteers.
- Bed bugs are back in Dallas and eating into budgets. Dallas Morning News, August 16, 2010, Christina Rosales.
- Study enlists backyard bug counters to learn whether fireflies may be flaming out. Dallas Morning News, August 11, 2010, Kristjana Gudmundsson. Update on a citizen science project on fireflies.
- San Antonio doing the cricket crunch. San Antonio Express News, July 15, 2010, Jeorge Zarazua. Also see Crickets take over San Antonio July 16, 2010 WWLP.com
- DFW will see more mosquitoes due to rains. Fort Worth Star Telegram. July 10, 2010.
- Post-Alex rains may ignite mosquito population explosion. Mike Jackson. AgriLife News. July 2, 2010
- The hated mosquito comes under scientific scrutiny. Tara Dooley. Houston Chronicle, July 6, 2010
- Great sunflower project invites public to help track bees. Rebecca Perry. Dallas Morning News, July 8, 2010
- Nasty bagworm and webworm infestations, Ken Kalthoff. NBCDFW.com June 25, 2010
- Weather partly to blame for bug boom. Theodore Kim. Dallas Morning News, June 5, 2010
- Squash bugs. Rebecca Perry. Dallas Morning News June 3, 2010
- Mega-termite swarms spell trouble. KDFW TV, May 10, 2010
- Club soda won’t kill fire ants. Dallas Morning News, March 10, 2010.
Our agency’s department, Texas A&M AgriLife Communications, maintains a statewide media relations team that disseminates news about AgriLife Research and AgriLife Extension every week day throughout the year. If you would like to stay informed of what’s happening in entomology and other activities associated with Extension programs, AgriLife Communications invites you to subscribe to our daily list, AgNMore, or to our RSS feeds.
If you miss a story or want to see what has been happening around the state recently, all of our news stories (along with photos, videos, and audio) are permanently archived at http://agnews.tamu.edu