Frequently Asked Questions about Pesticides & Pest Management
- What is a pesticide?
- What is a pyrethroid insecticide?
- What is a systemic pesticide?
- What is a neonicotinoid?
- Is there a list of green pesticides for Texas schools?
- What is a signal word?
- What is a sticky trap?
- Understanding Common House and Garden Insecticides (ENT-4002) Your essential guide to understanding your insecticide options, and choosing the safest, most effective product.
- Low impact insect control for everyone (Misc. handout 4/2009) What are low impact insecticides, and why is knowing about them essential for safe and effective pest control?
- Choosing and using an insect repellent (ER-012) Don’t get caught outdoors without a good repellent.
- Using oils as pesticides (E-419) Insecticide oils are among the least expensive and under-appreciated pest management tools for home gardeners. If I had room for only one pesticide spray in my workbench, it would be oil.
- Calibrating sprayers for turfgrass pesticide applications (E-540) It’s not enough to know what product you want to use on your lawn or landscape. It’s important to know how to apply the right amount.
- EPA Consumer Pesticide Information Page provides general information about pesticides and how they can be used safely around the home.